Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation

Aidan graduated from Kindergarten today! YAY! They had an adorable ceremony and really hyped up the kids and parents. They asked that the kids come to school in their best clothes, to bring our cameras and they even served refreshments. (I just love his school-it really is a fantastic school. We partially chose our house based on this elementary.) Here are lots of pictures from today's ceremony. Ace giving me his best tough guy in line before going into the gym.
With his some of his school friends-Ciara, Hazel, Masen, Aidan, and Graysn. Yes, he is a head shorter than most of his classmates. He has so many friends and lots of them have been to our house. His best friend changes daily, but usually it is Graysn (in the yellow sweater vest). He is a good kid and they have lots in common. I have also volunteered in his classroom all year and I know all of his classmates. They are a wonderful class and I am proud to see them all graduate today. They have worked so hard to be ready for 1st grade.
Walking into the gym. They had Pomp and Circumstance playing and everything. They really went out of their way to make it special (the hat colors are the school colors-blue and gold).
The entire A.M. kindergarten. The principal said they had 73 kids graduate in the morning and another 50 will in the afternoon. The whole kindergarten sang a song and then each class sang their own song.
Aidan's class singing "Reggie Rooster." It is an AlphaFriend song. They did so well with the actions and everything! Ace is the 2nd one from the left in the blue vest.
Mr. Gauchay (the principal) presenting Aidan with his diploma. I have to admit, I got just a bit teary eyed thinking about 12 years in the future.
Aidan with his teacher, Mrs. Rigby. She is a wonderful teacher! I am so glad that he was able to have her this year. I couldn't have picked out a better kindergarten teacher for him. I also really enjoyed helping her in her classroom too.
Thumbs up! All graduated! He still has 3 more days of school, but they are all fun days. I really think he will miss going to school everyday. He is such a social little guy (sorry, big guy), he will miss the interaction. Wow-I just realized that he will be in the class of 2022! I can't believe I have a 1st grader!

1 comment: