Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boredom Buster #1!

Kids get bored, right? Well, I am always wanting to solve this dilemma, and so I thought that I would find fun things to do, try them out on my kids, and then report back here. Let me know what you think.
Today's Boredom Buster: Dried Bean Pans with Kitchen Utensils

All I did was put a couple bags of dried beans into 9x13 pans and gave the boys cups, ladles, tongs, scoops and spoons to pick up the beans. They honestly played with this for a full hour (Wyatt even longer) before wanting to move on. Bonus points for helping Aidan with fine motor skills (he used the pinch tongs to pick up a bean and place it in the cup). It wasn't such a good game for Lydia, who wanted to eat the beans, but the boys loved it. In fact, they have asked to play this again a couple more times.

Verdict: Winner! Cheap, easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment