Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aidan's Report Card

Aidan's 3rd quarter of kindergarten is over (wow-I can't believe it. I am going to have a 1st grader soon!) and I met with his teacher, Mrs. Rigby to see how he is doing. Well, he is doing GREAT! She just kept saying how good and helpful of a little boy he is and that she wishes all her kids were like him. He is also doing very well academically. He is reading with the top group in the class (which is impressive, seeing how he is the youngest in the class). He also has high IRI (Idaho Reading Indictor-standardized testing) scores. He needs a little bit more work in writing and cutting, but we are working on that and Mrs. Rigby isn't too concerned about that. She says that it will come. One of Aidan's favorite subjects is math (don't ask me how he got that-because both Jeremy and I hate the subject) and he is really good. He has a natural affinity for numbers it seems. Next time you see him, ask him to count to 100 for you. Aidan is also such a good friend to so many kids in his class. I help out in this room once a week and I see how nice and helpful he is. He loves to play with his friends. It is fun because he has branched out, and has playdates with boys other than those in the ward. He is quite popular. I am a little tired keeping up with his playdates! I love Aidan so much and I am so proud of him. He really is a good, sweet, intelligent boy. I couldn't have asked for better children!

2 comments: