Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Just like every holiday, ours was fun and busy! The Easter bunny visited us Sunday morning, bring all the kids Easter baskets. (I just love putting together the baskets, it is my very favorite part of the holiday!) This year, the Easter bunny also brought us a plastic picnic table with an umbrella. The kids were very excited to have this and have begged me to keep it in the front room for a while. We'll see how many times it takes me to stub my toe or trip over it before I throw it on the porch.
After baskets and some Conference, we loaded up to have lunch and an egg hunt with the Barnes cousins. There were TONS of eggs and everyone got plenty loaded up. I really was wishing Lydia was walking. She would have had muchh more fun if she were. And it was so fun to see the Roberts and the Patterson's. We really miss you guys! Aidan, with "big" cousins, Dillon, Kaleb, and Xander. They helped him load his basket. Wyatt took awhile to get into the swing of things, but eventually he got it. Once he discovered that there was actual candy in the eggs, he was much more eagar to go hunting. Pretty Liddy. She liked to shake the eggs. Her cousin Sam helped her outThe kids and their take. We have lots of candy now!

After dinner and the egg hunt at the Barnes', it was time to head over to the other Grandparent's house for dinner (and even more candy baskets!)Grandpa Arenaz, Dad and Aidan Wyatt and Lydia. They got M&M's in their baskets and were really excited by it.
This morning, before Conference started, Jeremy and I sat down with Aidan with the Gospel Art Kit and explained the real Easter story. We felt that was important because he was completely focused on the Easter bunny and candy and egg hunts. I was shocked at how much he actually knew of the Easter story and resurrection. Plus, it was good for us to have a moment to reflect on the Savior as well.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. Let's all pray for spring now! I am sure getting antsy for warm weather!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! PS I LOVE what you did with Lydia's room!!!

    ReplyDelete