Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Thought I Like

At an Enrichment meeting the other day, we were talking about how to find the joy in everyday life. The theme of the meeting was Pres. Hinkley's quote, "In all of living, have much joy and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." A woman who was giving one of the presentations said something to the effect that she realized that we spend most of our days doing laundry and dishes, making meals and picking up messes around the house. Which is what I do spend most of my days doing, and to tell you the truth, it gets a little depressing and dull. (Oh, lets not forget the 15 dirty diapers I change a day!) Anyway, she said, on our very worst days, if we can try to keep in mind that at least we have a house to live in, food to feed to our children and clothes to dress them in, that can help to keep a healthier perspective. So, I have been keeping this in mind as a go about my daily chores and it does help! I am so thankful that Jeremy has a job that with some disapline I am able to stay home and raise these little ones. I am so grateful that he works so hard for our family. I am so thankful for these little mess makers and I love them so much-I can't imagine my life without them. This is what gets me by on hard days.

1 comment:

  1. Yes as I am picking up toys and clothes and food off the floor I tell myself I am so happy I have a family that makes a mess for me to clean. Because I couldnt imagine my life without my family. So as much as I hate cleaning when I tell myself that it gets all better. Which makes me happy. And I am greatful that we have a house to live in, nice vehicles to drive, and bills to pay. Because it means we are normal and we are happy the way life is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete