Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lydia's Blessing Day

We blessed Miss Liddy Lou on Easter Sunday. It was a wonderful day (both spiritually and weather-wise). Lydia wore my blessing gown. She was so beautiful in her long white dress and little bonnet! Jeremy gave a sweet and thoughtful blessing. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful and worthy priesthood holder in my home. Anyway, it was a fun day surrounded by family and love. I had a special moment with Lydia as I dressed her for her blessing. I flash forwarded to the other white dresses she will be wearing-her baptism dress, her wedding gown-and feeling awe at the task I have been given to prepare her for these ordinaces. I hope I am up to the task. I also cried a little thinking that my little girl will grow up to be a bride! Here are some pictures.Lydia, in all her finery.
Me and Liddy-doesn't she look just like me?

The Barnes Family-Jeremy, Rachel, Aidan, Wyatt and Lydia
This is my favorite picture. My Grandma and Grandpa Skousen, who came up from St. George, 2 of my very favorite people in the world, with their 3rd great grandchild and 1st great granddaughter, Lydia.

It was also Easter, and we had a huge Easter Egg Hunt with the cousins in our backyard. Seriously, there were hundreds of eggs. Here is Aidan, who definately found a huge pile, and Wyatt, who was very selective in his choice of eggs and immediately ate as he went along. What a fun day!
>

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lydia is so beautiful! All your kids off. Looks like it was a fantastic day at your house! Your family is so adorable. And I saw Barky at the side. He is so cute. I have been wondering what he looks like. Looks like even he got some long hair too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete