Saturday, February 12, 2011

Anyone can sew!

Even me! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and have been having so much fun with it. Look at some of the projects I have made (links included if you are interested in making some of these too!).
Church bags (my own inventions, I'm sure you can figure it out) and crayon rolls. Each kid has a bag (Aidan's is the flames, Wyatt the trains and Lydia's the pink, flowery, girly one) and a matching crayon roll. We added a spiral notepad, a book, a treat and a small toy and that is what they get to do at Church. They have really enjoyed these, and are quite protective of their bags. These will get a lot of use in the years to come! Valentines day skirt and shirt for Lydia. This took me less than an hour to do. (I love the ribbon hem.) She is going to wear it to Church tomorrow and then again of Valentine's Day. I will be sure to get a picture of it on her. Sewing things for the kids have been so much fun! I am going to make some pillow covers for my next project. These make me so happy! I actually can sew something!

And as long as it is brag on Rachel day, I was on the news talking about the new educational plans proposed in Idaho. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment