Monday, October 25, 2010

Library Card

Aidan came with me to run errands the other day and one of our stops was to the library. While we were there, I asked Aidan if he wanted to apply for his very own library card. He was hesitant at first, thinking this was something that he was not going to be allowed to do, but then he got excited when I told him that all he needed to know was how to sign his name-and he knew how to do that. After waiting in line forever (I kept telling him that it was good practice for when he got older) he signed his name on the back of his brand new library card and checked out his very own books and movies with it. On the way out, he kept looking at it and then asked me, "So, does this mean I can drive your car now?" Nice try bucko-but no. All that card allows you to do is check out books, not operate heavy machinery. Ah, how quickly they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment